Edit, create, and manage your WordPress website simply and efficiently with this WordPress Tutorial.
How do I add content and create new pages?
With your theme installed, you’re ready to start creating content. Let’s quickly run through some of the basics:
1) Log in to the administrative backend of your website.
- Open your browser and go to http://taylorgrocery.com/wp-admin.
- Type in your username and password and log in.
2) Select Pages
- On the left-hand side of your user interface, there is a list of menu items. Select the one labeled pages.
- Once you hover over this menu item, there are two selections, “All Pages” and “Add New”. Select “All Pages”.
Editing WordPress Pages
- You should now see a listing of pages. Select the page you want to edit.
Adding A Notice To the Front Page
- Select the page that states About Taylor Grocery – Front Page
- Above the words Taylor Grocery & Restaurant add what you’re wanting to alert your customers to.
- In the upper-right corner of the text-field are two tabs labeled “Visual” and “Text”. Selecting “Text” allows you to input HTML code. Unless you know HTML code, make sure to select the “Visual” tab when making edits.
- Place text in the text field as needed. Styling options are located directly above the text-field.
- Select “Plugins” from the dashboard menu
- The plugins that need updating will have a green sentence underneath them and the words “Update Now” at the end.
- Click the words “Update Now”
- When completed you’ll see a checkmark.
- (Your website is set up to automatically update, so you should never have to do this.)
- Same as above, but hover over “Dashboard” in the menu and then click “Updates”
- (Again, your theme is set to automatically update so you should never have to do this)